We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If your child is allergic, look out for the outdoors during the spring, and look forward to playing outdoors all winter. Especially in this season, increasing pollen in parks, green areas can bring many hazards for your child playing games. Dr. Hüseyin Cem Öcal from the Department of Child Health and Diseases at Memorial Hizmet Hospital, He gave information about the allergies that increased in spring and the precautions to be taken for the protection of children.
Pollen danger increases in windy weather
With the arrival of spring and warm weather, the time we spend outside with our children will increase. In spring, with the blossoming of grass, grass, flowers and trees, pollen spreads to the atmosphere and causes an increase in allergic reactions. This effect is more pronounced in windy weather. The most typical spring allergy is allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa of allergic origin. It occurs in people with allergic predisposition. There are two types of allergic rhinitis. These;
1) Seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever): It is the type of allergic rhinitis that occurs due to pollen allergy during certain seasons. The source of pollen is trees, grass and grass. While tree pollen causes complaints in early spring; In late spring, early summer grass, midsummer and autumn grass pollens cause complaints. Unfortunately, these periods have been prolonged with global warming.
2) Perennial allergic rhinitis (year-round): The most important allergen persists throughout the year are house dust mites.
Your child may have allergic rhinitis if he often brings his hand to his nose
Nasal congestion, runny nose, nasal itching, sneezing and eye watering, flushing, bruising is seen in detention. As symptoms of allergic flu in children; nasal congestion. In this case, he may show himself as restless sleep at night, breathing in mouth and snoring. Children with allergic rhinitis may also have frequent upper respiratory tract infections and middle ear infections, and some may have allergic eye fever. Children often do scratching by rubbing their hands on their noses, which is called “allergic salute”. Although it is not a very serious illness, these complaints can make children extremely uncomfortable.
Children with allergic illnesses in their parents are more affected
Allergic rhinitis is usually found in individuals with an allergy tendency, which we call atopic. These individuals have a higher incidence of allergic diseases such as eczema and asthma than non-allergic patients. Allergic rhinitis and other allergic diseases are more common in individuals with a family history of allergic diseases. If the mother and father have an allergic disease, their children are also likely to have. Allergic rhinitis can also trigger asthma exacerbations.
Protect your child from allergens
In the treatment of allergic flu, the main thing, as with all allergies, is to avoid the substance where the allergy is detected. Tests may be required to detect this allergen. If this is not possible or cannot be controlled by measures, medication may be administered. Allergy syrups and nasal sprays can be used.
Recommendations to parents for children with allergic rhinitis;
• Keep your house windows closed during the pollen season.
• Be careful not to let your child out during pollen hours, especially in the morning. Wear a protective mask if you need to go outside. Avoid actions such as playing games outside and spending time in the park.
• Use ventilation systems and air filters inside the house. Change the filters used in air conditioners frequently. Prefer special air conditioners that clean the air exchange using the air inside and do not use the outside air.
• When entering the house, take care of your child to take a bath or take off his clothes.
• Do not dry your clothes outdoors during the pollen season.
• Keep the windows closed while driving in the pollen season.
• Do not stay in a smoking environment.