We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Children get sick very often in winter. The way to protect them from the disease is to strengthen the immune system. Nutrition Specialist Gamze Altınsoy makes recommendations to parents.
1) Vegetable and fruit consumption should be kept high. For children who don't like vegetables, you can put vegetables in a blender and prepare vegetable soup or meatball with vegetables. Fruit consumption in winter is very important because the fruits of this season are especially rich in vitamin C and which increase body resistance.
2) In addition to supporting the heart, omega-3 fats also strengthen the immune system. You should include tuna, salmon, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, walnuts, hazelnuts, wheat, purslane, spinach and broccoli which are rich in Omega-3 foods.
3) Vitamin A and betacarotene-rich nutrition will strengthen the immune system. from foods; Egg yolks, carrots, milk, green peppers, broccoli, apricots, fish oil, red meat, potatoes, green leafy and yellow vegetables are rich in vitamin A and betacarotene.
4) The consumption of sugary and carbonated drinks such as cola and soda should be reduced. Water consumption should be kept high.
5) You should increase your child's mineral intake. Iron and Zinc, especially minerals, strengthen the immune system. Iron-rich foods; red meat, dark green leafy vegetables, legumes, celery leaves, arugula and dried apricots. Zinc-rich foods; whole grains, bread, meat, fish, almonds and walnuts.
6) Increasing your child's weight will cause the immune system to weaken. For this reason, it is important to keep your weight healthy in balance.
7) Exercise and mobility play an important role in strengthening the immune system. Studies have shown that children who are active or engaged in sports have a lower risk of developing diseases.
8) You should pay attention to the sleep pattern. Children with irregular and poor sleep are more susceptible to disease because their body resistance is weakened.